By William H. Frishman, Marc S. Micozzi
Edited via a world-renowned medical heart specialist, pharmacologist and medical researcher, in addition to significant figures in complementary drugs perform, Complementary and Integrative treatments for heart problems is the 1st textual content to debate all of the significant Complementary and substitute medication (CAM) practices which were used for heart problems prevention and remedy. The e-book contains discussions of the capability advantages and dangers of different treatments for remedy and prevention of heart problems, in addition to their integration into normal remedy. remedies lined comprise using nutriceuticals (vitamins, amino acid, and common antioxidants and minerals), natural treatments (plus strength natural remedy-drug interactions), numerous mental and rest ways (mind/body cures, hypnosis, biofeedback and cognitive treatment, etc.), numerous substitute drugs disciplines (including QiGong and TaiChi, Ayurveda and Yoga), local American practices, homeopathy, osteopathy, and particular modalities (such as acupuncture, auriculotherapy, chelation, aromatherapy, song treatment, sauna, meditation and prayer, animal-assisted treatment, Shiatsu and therapeutic massage, magnetotherapy, and spinal wire stimulation). Chapters on particular ways and treatments are equipped to debate the background and reason at the back of every one replacement perform, the strengths and weaknesses of the on hand medical reports, the capability dangers and merits, and the way the treatment will be built-in right into a traditional clinical practice.
- Edited through a well known medical heart specialist and researcher, each one bankruptcy offers authoritative and evidence-based review of CAM perform on the subject of cardiovascular medicine.
- This is the 1st finished textual content on CAM as utilized in the prevention and therapy of cardiovascular disease.
- Provides pros with all of the acceptable details to respond to questions from sufferers approximately CAM treatments.
- Coverage of a wide selection of treatments makes this e-book useful for medical use.
- Each bankruptcy makes use of an evidence-based method of describe a selected CAM perform or method after which backs the knowledge up with to be had research.
- All chapters are equipped similarly with acceptable use of tables, figures, and supplementary serious dialogue.
- Introductory chapters on placebo and medicolegal implications of CAM perform offers readers additional info on easy methods to organize those who find themselves attracted to integrating CAM care and solutions questions on felony ramifications.
- Includes serious discussions on nutriceuticals (vitamins & supplementations) and natural medication as they relate to heart problems therapy and prevention.
- Covers either the remedy and prevention of heart problems, making this publication the main accomplished and valuable reference on hand almost about CAM and cardiac illness.
- Covers a wide selection of CAM modalities, techniques, and regional/indigenous practices and remedies, giving the practitioner entry to the various remedies that may be necessary in his or her practice.
- A specified bankruptcy at the Columbia-Presbyterian Integrative medication application demonstrates how a clinician can enforce a CAM application for care and examine reasons in a hospital-clinic setting.
Read or Download Complementary and Integrative Therapies for Cardiovascular Disease PDF
Similar Cardiovascular books
A 2015 Doody's middle identify! A cardiac point-of-care advisor according to the field's best textHurst's the guts handbook of Cardiology, 13e offers a concise precis of the scientific content material of Hurst's the guts, 13e. up-to-date all through, the booklet contains a streamlined, quick-access presentation designed to be used in pressing scientific occasions.
Medical Cardiology: present perform directions up-to-date version is a necessary device for the busy clinician, providing succinct but specified entry to the latest trial and guide info assisting perform and sufferer administration in cardiology. ESC and ACC/AHA instructions are consistently up-to-date and infrequently overlap of their recommendation, making it tough for the heart specialist to acquire a transparent photograph of how you can diagnose and deal with illness in response to the most recent facts base.
Cardiac Mechano-Electric suggestions and Arrhythmias deals a completely reviewed compendium written through top specialists within the box at the mechanism and outcomes of cardiac mechano-electrical coupling. Its assurance levels from stretch-activated ion channels to routinely prompted arrhythmias and mechanical interventions for middle rhythm correction.
This publication bargains either skilled cardiologists and trainees alike the chance to spot and deal with the commonest pitfalls encountered with echocardiology in regimen medical perform. The booklet covers a sequence of demanding situations starting from technical problems to issues of echocardiographic interpretation with every one part providing a sequence of simulations to check the reader's knowing of the matter.
Extra resources for Complementary and Integrative Therapies for Cardiovascular Disease